Friday, January 18, 2008

A short conversation with Litha Nkombisa. . . .

I had the pleasure of speaking to Litha Nkombisa whose accomplishments are more than what I can post here. It was in September of 2007 and he was returning a call I had made to him about a speaking engagement he was keen to do at my seminar.

He is one of the you people want to meet and know you’d like to engage in conversation about their achievements and what their driven by. Or at least I wanted to meet. Have you ever thought that if you met a certain person you’ll know exactly what to ask them? This is was one of those encounters and you could tell he is genuinely interested in developing young entrepreneurs through his experiences. Sadly though there were time constraints that didn’t allow this.

He is one of the founders of the first black-owned BMW dealership in the Johannesburg CBD and they’ve also opened the first black-owned Volkswagen dealership. The energy he emitted during that short conversation was inspiring and enough set to aflame my desire to achieve the dream.

There is a TV advert done by Litha where he says: “When I was a little boy I dreamed of owning a BMW, but now at given time I own 40?” It’s quite a tear-jerker. . . . . Live your dream.
blog comments powered by Disqus

ShareThis

Subscribe Now: standardSmall